Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Disable Jira Requirement Integration for some Projects

Hi

We are deploying testrail across several groups within our company and while we are gradually migrating to JIRA for requirements not everyone is using JIRA.

When I clear the Reference Plugin in the customized project settings it picks up the default plugin setting and creates a bad link to Jira…Is there any way to force a Manual or Plain Text mode for the custom defects/requirements integration so that we don’t need an extra redundant field for non-Jira requirements. Sample type works except it has all the sample blurb - I see I could create my own plugin but would prefer to avoid that if at all possible.

Any pointers or help would be appreciated

Cheers

JG

Hello John,

Thanks for your posting! I would recommend configuring the JIRA integration per project in this case and leaving the global integration (Administration > Integration) empty. If multiple projects share the same JIRA instance you can also configure the user variables for the authentication just once on the global integration page and reference the user variables as part of the configuration per project.

I hope this helps but please let me know in case you have any further questions!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the suggestion - I did create a PlainText Plugin based on the Sample project and plan to use the home page of the other tools as the link for now for evaluation of that option…will let users decide which of the two options they want to go with…

Cheers

JG

Hi John,

Thanks for the update! Please let me know in case anything else comes up, happy to help in this case.

Cheers,
Tobias