Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Delphi XE7?

Hi,
When do you plan to issue version for Delphi XE7?
thak you Miro

Hello Miro,

Thanks for your posting. It’s planned to support XE7 shortly but you should already be able to use the source code version of the SmartInspect Delphi library with XE7 in the meantime.

Regards,
Tobias

Any idea when the XE7 IDE plugin will be available. I am migrating to XE7 and I am missing the plugin?

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your posting. We currently don’t have an expected release date but it’s planned to look into this shortly now.

Regards,
Tobias

I can not install a plugin XE6 to Delphi XE7.
You could write the exact procedure for this installation?
Thank you Miro

Hello Miro,

The XE6 plugin wouldn’t work with XE7 but you can already integrate the library (using the source code as mentioned above). It’s planned to make a XE7 compatible version available shortly.

Regards,
Tobias

I am following the suggestion of using the source code to get SmartInspect to work in my Delphi XE7 environment but I miss the plug-in.

Since it has been about two weeks since the last post about an ETA for this plug-in, I thought I would see if you have an update on when it might be released? Do you think it might be around before the year’s end?

Thanks,
Rich

Hello Rich,

We currently don’t have an estimate for a XE7 release unfortunately and we recommend using the source code of the library in the meantime (the plugin will then follow shortly with the new version).

Regards,
Tobias

It’s been almost 2 months since the last reply. Any updated ETA on this?

Good day,
Update to the new version of Delphi is apparently a problem for you.

It would not be possible to provide the source code of a plug-in?

Or only those features that automatically logs calls to functions and methods in the pas files in my projects?

Thank you Miro

Sorry for the delay with the XE7 update. You can use the source code version of the library in the meantime and this already works with XE7. You can still use XE6 or an earlier version to change the EnterMethod/LeaveMethod calls via the Delphi plugin. A XE7-compatible version will be made available shortly as well.

Regards,
Tobias

Hallo,

wann gibt es RAD Studio XE7 support? Was kann ich machen um Smartinspect mit XE7 zum Laufen zu bringen?

John

Hallo John,

vielen Dank für das Posting. XE7 Support wird mit dem nächsten SmartInspect Release folgen. Sie können in der Zwischenzeit die mitgelieferten Sourcedateien der Delphi Bibliothek mit XE7 nutzen (zu finden unter source\delphi im SmartInspect Installationsverzeichnisses).

Regards,
Tobias

Hallo,

I fürchte ich kann Smartinspect gar nicht installieren, da der Bildschirm für die Installation auf den verschiedenen Versionen des RADStudio komplett leer bleibt (ich habe nur XE7 installiert). Oder liege ich da falsch?

Wann kommt denn die neue Release von Smartinspect für XE7? Ich kann ohne Unterstützung für XE7 meine Entwicklung auf XE7 nicht fortsetzen, da ich sonst alle Bezüge auf Smartinspect aus meinen Sourcecodes löschen oder deaktivieren muss.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John

Hallo John,

Der Installer unterstützt momentan Delphi bis XE6, aber man kann SmartInspect auch sehr einfach manuell integrieren. Die Dokumentation dazu finden Sie nach der Installation im SmartInspect Manual (einfach F1 in the Console und dann “Installation | Integrating SmartInspect into IDEs”, bitte das source\delphi Verzeichnis nehmen). Die Source Version der Bibliothek ist bereits mit XE7 kompatibel und Sie brauchen so keinerlei Änderungen an Ihrem Code vornehmen.

Regards,
Tobias

Hi,

With over four months since this thread started and there is still no XE7 update. XE8 is just around the corner (guessimate) and you have the cheek to say that my support is about to run out and that I should purchase another years worth of support - what support?

Sorry to sound a bit annoyed but I am annoyed to the lack of service.

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your feedback, that’s appreciated. We are currently working on a smaller update and this will also include XE7 support.

Regards,
Tobias

Thanks for the reply Tobias but that seems to be the standard reply, which doesn’t inspire me with any confidence.

If all goes as planned, we might be able to provide an update this or next week. We are sorry that it took longer than expected to release binaries/the IDE plugin for XE7 and we aim for a quicker release for XE8.

Regards,
Tobias

The new SmartInspect version (3.3.8) with XE7 support is now available and can be downloaded from our customer portal as usual:

http://forum.gurock.com/topic/2076/smartinspect-338-released/

Regards,
Tobias