Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Delete multiple test cases

New to Test Rail. Is there a way to delete multiple test cases within the test suites and cases section? I know you can check more than one, etc, but there is no option to delete.

Any suggestions?

You could move the testcases to a separate section (e.g. “to be deleted”) and then delete the whole section

Hello,

Thanks for your posting. There’s currently no mass-delete (or mass-edit) functionality for test cases but we already have this on our feature request / todo list and it is planned to look into this. The check boxes on the left are only for copying/moving purposes currently (via drag & drop). You could use the workaround mentioned by spacefrog in the meantime (creating an empty, temporary section, moving your test cases into this section and then deleting the entire section).

I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any questions.

Regards,
Tobias

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions / workaround. I am currently doing this, and will continue until additional functions are added.

Thanks again,

You are welcome!

Regards,
Tobias

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)