Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Defect Custom fields don't work

So, we are succesfully integrated with jira, but cannot use some system and custom fields as “attachement” and custom

Epic Link is the link to some tasks in the the project under the issue type “Epic”
“epic link” {"id":"customfield_10101","name":"Epic Link","custom":true,"orderable":true,"navigable":true,"searchable":true,"clauseNames":["cf[10101]","Epic Link"],"schema":{"type":"array","items":"string","custom":"com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-link","customId":10101}}

[push.fields]
summary=on
project=on
issuetype=on
component=on
customfield_10101=on
assignee=on
priority=on
affects_version=on
fix_version=on
estimate=on
labels=on
environment=on
parent=on
linktype=on
links=on
description=on

[push.field.customfield_10101]
label=Epic Link
size=compact
type=string
required=false

when I click push, nothing adds into jira task
And what About “attachement” field, is it possible to attache something?

Jira 6

do you want to push Epic instead of Defect ?

Epic is issue type, we can choose it when create a task(“issue”),
but Epic Link is the link in some another “issue type” in project to reference to “that” “Epic type”

So - Epic is “Issue Type”
“Epic Link” - reference to another task(“issue”) under type “Epic”

Hi all!

From our understanding, the JIRA API currently does not support Epic/Agile fields but this is planned for future versions. Regarding attachments: if you also use the new JIRA add-on, you can automatically see result attachments (and all other result details) in JIRA and you wouldn’t need to push the attachments to JIRA. The new JIRA add-on is part of TestRail 5.0 which we just released last week:

https://blog.gurock.com/?p=3365

Have you already had the chance to try out the JIRA add-on?

Cheers,
Tobias

So, yes we do, we use your Jira Addon for Test Rail, but I still don’t understand about attachment, I want to add some pictures in defect push window and after push, see some in jira issue.Is it possible?

Hi!

TestRail will automatically display the attachments you added to the Add Test Result dialog (the one that changes its color based on the status such as Passed or Failed) and this looks as follows:

The Results panel in JIRA displays all issue related results (either linked via the Defects field on the Add Test Result dialog or the References field for test cases).

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Tobias