Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Default view in "Acitvity"-Section on Project Overview page?

Hi,
Is there any way to change the default view in the “activity-section” on the project-overview page from “History” to “Test changes”?

Regards
Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for your posting! The project overview currently always shows the History tab by default but we are happy to add this to our feature request list. You can also find the test change list per milestone or plan/run on the milestone/plan/run pages, or use the Summary reports from the Reports to generate a similar list.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Tobias

Dear Gurock Team,

I am also waiting for the option to change the default view in the “activity-section” on the project-overview page from “History” to “Test changes”. The “Test Changes” are more interesting for me.

Do we need to wait another year to be able to change the default view? :frowning2:

What’s the current status of this feature?

Hi Waldorf,

Thanks for your feedback! You can generate a similar report with Cases > Activity Summary from the Reports tab and this gives you a list of updated/new test cases. You can also tell TestRail to create these reports automatically (e.g. on a daily basis) via the scheduling features:

We currently don’t have immediate plans to add the case history/changes to the project overview and would recommend the reports in the meantime.

Cheers,
Tobias