Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Customised message when adding new user

Hi,

When adding a new user to TestRail, the user gets currently a standardised message. Is it possible to add a customised message to this ?

This would help new users to be better guided for a specific installation. A little more explanation or guidance to companies guidelines when using TestRail etc

/Andreas

Can I create a customized new user email invitation that doesn't include a password?

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for your posting! Customizing the email templates is possible by updating translation files. This is mostly used for adding custom translations (German, French, etc.) but can also be used to change the email templates. This is supported for self-hosted installations and the documentation can be found here:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-custom/lang-translation

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

thanks for the answer.

So I would suggest this as a request to have a text field to allow to send customised text regardless of on-premise or on-demand installations - and also independent of localisation.

/Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for the suggestion. Improvements/more flexibility in this area are already planned and we have this on our feature request list. I’ve just added another vote, thanks!

Cheers,
Tobias