Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Custom reports in TestRail Cloud

Is this possible? Or is report customisation only for TestRail Server?
Since I read that reports have to be made using php and that files need to be placed under certain folders etc. Maybe we would like to explore this possibility but I don’t see how we can do this.

Kind regards,
Yves

Hi Yves,

Thanks for your posting! The built-in report templates are very flexible and you can implement a lot things with the standard reports and some things might not be obvious to find. I’m happy to suggest possible implementations if you could share a few more details on what you are trying to accomplish.

We usually don’t recommend developing custom reports and using the built-in templates instead if possible, or use the XML exports or API to generate custom reports outside of TestRail. Custom reports on the Reports tab would only be supported on TestRail Server but the built-in reports already support a variety of different use cases and implementations (possibly in combination with the exports).

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your reply first of all. We will have a closer look at the built-in templates to see whether they are sufficient for our needs. If not then I will let you know what we are missing in these reports. We are using three of them since last week to evaluate them so I might come back on this topic when I have better and summarized feedback.

Kind regards,
Yves

You are welcome, Yves! Yes, just let me know in case any questions come up, we are happy to help. I can also recommend reviewing our training/introduction video about TestRail’s reports:

http://www.gurock.com/testrail/videos/reporting-metrics/

Cheers,
Tobias

@tgurock : am looking for a report which shows the Reference --> Test Cases —> TestRun & Results —> Defects (if results is failed).
and i haven’t seen something like above in the reports section.

Can you please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply! You can add fields/columns to the tests section of the report, and you can include fields such as the References, Defects, and other fields as well. I would recommend having a look at the Runs Summary report under the Reports tab, and in the report options under the ‘Tests’ tab you can click on the ‘Add Columns’ to view and add any fields to the report. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Marco

Awesome !! Thank you

Hi Rahul,

Glad to be of help! Just let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Marco