Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Custom column / custom values in default columns?

Hi

we are evaluating TestRail and I would like to know if

• I am able to edit the values in a column. In particular Priority. (why there doubled values? - “5 - Must test” and “4 - Must Test”?)
  • I am able to create my own column with custom values? Let’s say regression column with values “level 1”, “level 2” & “level 3”

Thank you

R.

I also would like support for custom columns.

Hello,

Thanks for your postings. The Priority values and other fields can be changed in the administration area under Administration > Customizations.

On the same page, you can also add and configure the custom fields for TestRail. You can add custom fields for test cases (for the Test Suites & Cases tab) and tests/test results (which appear on the Add Test Result Dialog). You can create custom fields with several different types such as a Dropdown, Text, Date or simple String/Number fields (and soon a multi-select custom field). There’s also a custom field which adds support for a very nice Steps control (useful if you prefer a more structured approach to entering test case steps):

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-faq/config-steps

I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

Regards,
Tobias