Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

csv2testrail PHP script does not accept delimiter

I’m trying to convert a CSV (; separated) to XML using the php scripts you prepared.

For some reason I cannot make the script accept the “;” as my delimiter instead of the default “,”.

I’m using the following command:

php csv2testrail.php custom_filter.php Mappe1.csv testdata2.xml ;

What’s wrong ?

Hello,

Thanks for your posting. The delimiter is actually the 5th parameter and this is explained here:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/migration-csv

(note the additional --export parameter)

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Tobias

Tried that, but still getting error message

php csv2testrail.php custom_filter.php template9.csv testdata9.xml --export ;
PHP Notice:  Undefined offset:  1 in /opt/app/testrail/app/i18n/translations/de/custom_filter.php on line 19
PHP Notice:  Undefined offset:  1 in /opt/app/testrail/app/i18n/translations/de/custom_filter.php on line 19
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: cases in /opt/app/testrail/app/i18n/translations/de/custom_filter.php on line 98
The 'custom_filter' function didn't return any data

Anyhow, managed to export the csv using “,” instead of “;” and now the php script works fine with the standard delimiter

Good to hear that it works now!

Regards,
Tobias