Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Create Report for specific Test Cases with their runs

I’m trying to create a report for specific test cases and all their runs. (I’ve created this in the past and it worked). The problem is that the latest run that includes those test cases are not displayed in the report.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!

Raluca Pitaru

Hi Raluca,

Thanks for your posting. Which report template did you use? Have you configured a test case filter?

Cheers,
Tobias

Hello,
I used Summary for Cases and no filters. I have selected only the sections that i need.
Thanks!
Raluca

Hi Raluca,

Thanks for the additional details. Only runs with defects (Defects field on the Add Result dialog) are included in the Defects > Summary for Cases report. If you are just interested in the test run statistics in general (and not necessarily in the defects), I can also recommend looking at the Summary > Runs or Results > Comparison for Cases reports instead:

Cheers,
Tobias

the problem is that i have copied specific test cases from Sprints suites in a test plan and now i do not have the results for runs for the original tests…
if i add a category for all of them, can i select only by category to make a run?

Hello Raluca,

Have you copied or moved your cases? If you just copied them, the tests & results would still be available in the previous test runs (linked to the original suite). If you moved them instead, TestRail removed the tests & results from the original runs (there’s a confirmation dialog that explains this behavior on the Copy/Move dialog).

Cheers,
Tobias

I have copied them. Last time the run was made from copies of tests. When i generate the report, I’ve selected only the suite from copies and the previous results of runs were not displayed.

As a workaround I made a subcategory and I marked all the test for that category, but when I will select them in the future for run , is there a possibility to remove duplicates?

I have to keep the tracking for all the runs for these specific tests, and I think that I made a mistake by copying them and not moved. And now i have no idea how to fix this to be the good way…
Thanks a lot for your help!

Raluca

Hi Raluca,

I’m not sure I understand. When you copy cases (especially across suites or projects), tests & results of the original cases wouldn’t be linked to the new cases. The same is true across run boundaries. So, if you add a new test run, this would create a new set of tests with no results and all test runs would be independent from each other.

Cheers,
Tobias