Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Create a link to a test case in a string field

Hi,

To easily be able to reference a test case’s Master Baseline equivalent we have created a string field for test cases that contains it’s Master Baseline Id. We would like to be able to have this be a link but it doesn’t seem that the [C###] formatting that can be used in other field types can be used in a string field. Is there another way to make the test case id act as a link?

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for your post! Currently the test case link and other short code link syntax wouldn’t work in string fields as Markdown syntax is disabled in this field. This would only work in text fields, however we’re happy to review adding support for this in string fields as well for a future update. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Marco

Hi Marco,

I understand that I cannot use Markdown syntax in this particular field. Is there a way I can edit the html of this field in a UI Script so that it displays as link to the test case in Test Runs and Test Suites?

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for your reply! It generally might be possible to implement something like this via UI script, however we haven’t tested this specifically and don’t have any examples of this type of script as it would likely be very difficult to implement. That said, I’ve already created a feature request so that we can review this for a future version and I’ve added your vote to it as well. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Marco