Subscribe Join 180,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

Count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable [/var/lib/testrail/app/controllers/custom/activeissuesbyperson.php:107] (at ErrorHandler::error)

Hello,

We are trying to update some custom reports, after making the changes to deal with the nested milestones, we get the following error:

count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable [/var/lib/testrail/app/controllers/custom/activeissuesbyperson.php:107] (at ErrorHandler::error)

We have an “On Premise” license (6.3.1.1004), but our maintenance agreement has expired. Is is possible to fix the failure that was noted in the recent 6.7.2 update, without an upgrade?

I found that I could hide the failure by inserting the following in the php file, but that does not fix my problem and I don’t really want to go down that path:

function handle_records(iterable $iterable)
{
if (count($iterable) === 0) {
return handle_empty();
}

foreach ($iterable as $value) {
    handle_value($value);
}

}

Anything would be great.

@mlampey

Hey Matthew,

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, we don’t support custom scripts as we don’t have a professional services team to review custom code.

Also, without the upgrade, you will not be able to see the fixes in your current version (6.3). TestRail has a mechanism that would block all users due to the expired plan and then force them to roll back to their current version until they upgrade/renew the license.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Shanu

Thanks for the update @shanu.mandot.

I’m a bit disappointed (not with you), but I have come to expect it.

Anyway, thank you for your time.

You’re welcome, Matthew.

If there’s anything else you need, please let me know. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Shanu