Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Console Viewer pane when maximised

When the SI console window is maximised, text in the Viewer pane is constrained to a very narrow band. This is unlike the behaviour when the console is not maximised, the Viewer text is free to use it’s whole client area.

This annoying behaviour makes it hard to read long messages when the console is maximised.

I am using SI Professional v3.3.3.72

Please advise.

Faithfully,
Sean B. Durkin

Hello Sean,

Thanks for your posting. I can confirm this behavior here and at a first glance I would say that this is an issue with the text control we are using for the Viewer. This seems to be triggered only with a certain minimum resolution and a maximized Console. We will look into it. That said, have you considered putting your Viewer toolbox on the right of the Console (basically a three-pane view)?

Regards,
Tobias

Tobias,

Thanks for that. I run the console with only two panes: The main log pane on top and the viewer pane on the bottom, with the console window maximised.

For now I will just tolerate the narrow word-wrap issue, and wait for a fix.

Faithfully,
Sean B. Durkin

Hello Sean,

I’ve found out that this only occurs with a certain minimum width of the Viewer (more than 1500px or so) so I would recommend having the Views and Viewers panes side-by-side instead of a top/bottom view. We will look into fixing this but this may be complicated as this is a third-party control and not our code.

Regards,
Tobias