Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Column is not available when exporting Test Runs and Results Data

Hi Testrail Support Team,

I tried to export to excel my view in Test Runs & Results Tab and when I’m prompted to select to column to include I noticed the column I want to include is not there. I want to include the “elapsed All” column but it is not available in column selection window.

Please advise accordingly.

Regards,
Luvim

Hello Luvim,

Thanks for your posting. The Elapsed All column is the same as Elapsed if you only have a single test result per test (and the Elapsed column is supported for the CSV export). If you have multiple results per test, it can make sense to use the "Export all results and comments … " CSV export option and you would then also see the Elapsed field for all test results.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I have exported in CSV format but I don’t get the values I expected in elapsed.

In my previous screen shot the value only show in Elapsed All column.

Please advise.

Regards,
Luvim

Hello Luvim,

By default, the CSV export only exports the latest result and status per test and the latest result for T140624 doesn’t have any Elapsed value (you can also see this in the UI). To export all results, please change the dropdown at the bottom of the CSV export dialog to “All results”. This will export all results and may include multiple results (rows) per test (T###).

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I tried following your instruction but still can’t get the time elasped in cvs file.

I have recorded it in video if you want me to show you how I do it.

Regards,
Luvim

Hello Luvim,

Have you selected the “Export all results and comments (multiple lines per test)” option? I’m asking as your export only has one line per test and it appears that some of your tests have multiple results (otherwise the Elapsed column wouldn’t be empty and Elapsed All non-empty in the UI).

Cheers,
Tobias