Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Change the start date of a Milestone?

I often create milestones and test plans several days or weeks ahead of the actual project qualification start time. When the project does start, I would like the Progress/Burn Down charts to reflect the actual start date of the qualification (it instead uses the milestone creation date as the starting point of the Progress/Burn Down charts).

Is it possible to modify the start date?

Thank you,
Kris

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your posting! The milestone start date is based on the start/creation date of the test runs in this milestone. The upcoming version (5.3) will also take into account the creation date of the test results, and if available, the configured start date of the milestone (a new feature in 5.3). So, 5.3 will make this more flexible and the version will be available within the next few weeks.

Cheers,
Tobias

When are you planning to release 5.3?

Hi DKim,

The current plan is later this month and things are looking good.

Cheers,
Tobias

Just wanted to add support for this request to have milestone start date configurable

Thanks for your feedback, Kostya :wink:

Cheers,
Tobias

Looks like my hosted TestRail was updated to 5.3 within the last few days and I’m now able to configure/change the start dates of milestones. Thank you, Tobias!

Kris

Hi Kris,

That’s great to hear :slight_smile: Yes, we already switched TestRail Cloud to 5.3 last week and the release/announcement will be this week.

Cheers,
Tobias