Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Change order on sections in Test Suites & Cases

Hi,

Is it possible to re-arrange the order of sections in Test Suites & Cases?

I cannot find any way to do that and it seems like too much work to delete all sections and store test cases to put them back in the new sections created? Do I have to create subsections in the right order from the very start to have them in the order I want?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Joanna

They can be dragged and dropped in the order y0uo want. It can be difficult to tell where it is going to be moved however.

Test cases can be moved that way but not sections or subsections or am I missing something? :slight_smile:

I have moved many a section/subsection… When you move the section/subsection all cases included will be moved as well. It will actually ask if you want to Move, Copy the sections or Cancel…

In the above I am moving the “Obsolete cases” from where it was to the highlighted section…

Hello Joanna,

Thanks for your posting! Drag & drop also works for the sections and you can change the order in the sidebar (see the screenshot from Brian above, thanks!). Moving a sections also moves all sub-sections of this section and you can tell the target position via the little arrow icons during the drag & drop.

Cheers,
Tobias

Ah now I got it, great!
Thank you for the fast reply! :slight_smile:

You are welcome, Joanna :slight_smile: (and thanks again, Brian!)

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi,
Replying to an old post, but I am after ordering my sections in the order I created.
Currently, the section created 1st is appearing AFTER the 2nd section.
Is there a way to arrange sections that way? Dragging and dropping is not helping, as my 2nd section is still appearing 1st.

Thanks!

IGNORE my comment…it worked magically after I posted this, with the same steps. :slight_smile: