Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Change location for the Add Result, Pass and Next, Assign to buttons

So i managed to get a script working that will relocate the buttons when running test cases.

name: Move Add Result Button Location
description: Change the location of the Add Result buttons to top of the test cases. This includes the Pass and next, Assign to and play buttons below the container with priority, Estimate and Milestone.
author: David O’Bryan
version: 1.0
includes:
excludes:

js:
var delayMillis = 1000;

(document).ready( setTimeout(function() { (".button-group.form-buttons").insertAfter(".io-container.io-framed");
}, delayMillis));

Hi Dobryan,

Thanks for sharing this! I haven’t tested it yet but it looks promising! We also have keyboard shortcuts to help with this as well so that you wouldn’t have to use a UI script or scroll down to access the dialogs directly from the buttons:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-userguide/userguide-shortcuts

Regards,
Marco

While i do like the shortcuts not all members of out team like to use them.
They have a flow they are used to and changing that would have stopped us from purchasing a licence.
Thankfully since this script works for us the management have agreed to purchase the licence :smiley:

Hi All, i found an issue were the button location move would not happen after you submitted a result. this is the new UI script that will now handle that.

name: Move Add Result Button Location
description: Change the location of the Add Result buttons to top of the test cases. This includes the Pass and next, Assign to and play buttons below the container with priority, Estimate and Milestone.
author: David O’Bryan
version: 1.0
includes:
excludes:

js:
(document).ajaxComplete(function() { (".button-group.form-buttons").insertAfter(".io-container.io-framed");
});

Hi David,

Thank you for the updated script. This is definitely helpful!