Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Can we integrated Confluence with Test Rail?

Is it possible to integrate Test rail and confluence. I am looking to create page in confluence where in Test Status report the TC counts are directly pulled from Test Rail. Is it possible?

Hi there,

Thanks for the post. It is possible to create an embeddable dashboard that will pull TestRail data into tools like Confluence or other project management or wiki tools. To find out more about the dashboard and get a good overview of the system, you can check out the guide here:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-integration/dashboards-introduction

and for specific instructions on integrating with Confluence you can find instructions here:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-integration/dashboards-confluence

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for this, it’s really helpful and for those with TestRail access it works fine.

However, there are a number of business users who would benefit from seeing the dashboard stats in Confluence but do not have access to TestRail. Is there anyway of integrating this without requiring them to have TestRail access credentials? i.e. does the read-only user count towards the TestRail License allocation?

Thanks

Unfortunately, it’s not currently possible to set up an external dashboard that would be viewable by non-users. The dashboard integration utilizes an embedded iframe on the external page that automatically pulls the data from TestRail, but in order to see it there does need to be a TestRail user with the correct permissions logged into that browser session.

Within TestRail, any active user account, regardless of user role or permission level, does count towards the total number of users for your license.

The best way to set up viewable metrics for non-TestRail users would be to use a recurring report with a PDF or HTML attachment. You can schedule a report and have it sent to the email addresses of non-TestRail users so they can stay up-to-date with the progress of your testing.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.