Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Can the bar graph in a property distrubution report be shown as a pie chart?

I have created a property distribution report, but I would like to see the results in a pie chart, is this available?

Hi Moira,

Thank you for the post! It is not currently possible to change the formatting of the graph in the Property Distribution report. We have received similar requests and we do have plans to review adding support for more options within the built-in TestRail reports in a future update. I’ve added your feedback and a vote to our feature request for this which helps us to prioritize internally. That said, we don’t have a specific timeframe to provide for this yet.

In the meantime, if this requirement for the report is critical, with the TestRail Server edition it generally would be possible to build custom reports that can query the TestRail database. Please note that you would need experience with web development (e.g. HTML/CSS/JS) as well as PHP and SQL development to create the custom reporting plugins. You can learn more about this on our website here:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-custom/reports-introduction

I hope this helps!

Regards,
John