Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Can not completly integrate testrail with jenkins

Hello. I run 1 test and I want the test result would be written to testrail. Test run is created but result isn’t written. In jenkins I have such problem:
java.lang.ClassCastException: testrail.testrail.JunitResults.Testsuite cannot be cast to testrail.testrail.JunitResults.Testsuites
at testrail.testrail.JunitResults.JUnitResults$1$1.visit(JUnitResults.java:68)
at hudson.util.DirScanner.scanSingle(DirScanner.java:49)
at hudson.util.DirScanner$Glob.scan(DirScanner.java:131)
at testrail.testrail.JunitResults.JUnitResults$1.invoke(JUnitResults.java:62)
at testrail.testrail.JunitResults.JUnitResults$1.invoke(JUnitResults.java:58)
at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:991)
at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:969)
at testrail.testrail.JunitResults.JUnitResults.slurpTestResults(JUnitResults.java:58)
at testrail.testrail.JunitResults.JUnitResults.(JUnitResults.java:47)
at testrail.testrail.TestRailNotifier.perform(TestRailNotifier.java:117)
at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$1.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:20)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.perform(AbstractBuild.java:779)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild.java:726)
at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild$MavenModuleSetBuildExecution.post2(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:1047)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.post(AbstractBuild.java:671)
at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1766)
at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild.run(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:531)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:98)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:408)
Build step ‘Publish test results to TestRail’ marked build as failure
Finished: FAILURE
What ideas do you have about this?

Hi!

Thanks for your posting. Could you let me know which Jenkins plugin you use? We currently don’t have an official Jenkins plugin and I assume you are using a custom plugin from Github, is this correct? You can always look into using our official Java binding as a starting point instead and we are happy to help in case any questions come up:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-api2/bindings-java

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi!
Yes, I use custom plugin: testrail-jenkins-plugin.

Thanks! This looks like a runtime issue with the Jenkins plugin and you might be able to modify the plugin by reviewing JUnitResults.java at line 68. It seems that the plugin always assume a Testsuites object (group of Testsuite) but encountered an instance of Testsuite instead.

Cheers,
Tobias