Subscribe Join 180,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

Bullet points in View Case mode now drag & drop

When I open a test case in View Case mode, I’m unable to copy and paste anything that’s detailed in a bullet point within a test step.

Quite possibly since v6.6 was deployed, the action of attempting to highlight bullet point text now seems to act as a drag and drop function - which in itself is undesirable, as you can accidentally reorganise the bullet point order without any confirmation prompts or means to prevent testers from doing so.

5 Likes

I’d also like to report this issue. I thought maybe it was limited to Leads, but my Testers are also only recently able to drag and drop bullet points within test cases on Google Chrome and Firefox. This is not in any editable mode. This is in the view mode.

Previously, we were able to copy bullet point items while in view mode (highlight, then copy) for use in other applications. But now, the drag to highlight gesture over bullet points simply “picks up” the bulleted item for dropping somewhere else on the screen.

Any way around this or advice? Thanks!

2 Likes

@GJHmf @jgarcia

Hey Graham and Jonathan,

Welcome to the TestRail Community and thanks for your posts.

Please allow us some time to investigate this further.

Regards,
Shanu

1 Like

The same issue for me.
I have missed this topic and created another topic with the same issue.

2 Likes

Since updating to 6.6 we are also affected.

br
Chris

1 Like

@Chris2

Hey Chris,

Thanks for your post. We have logged a bug in our internal tracker to further investigate it.
Stay tuned for more updates on this.

Regards,
Shanu

1 Like

Please add me to the list - one of my testers just reported this to me.

Please add my name to the list too :slight_smile:

Yep, also affecting testers in our team. Very much an issue if doing training demos to other staff and going to select certain text to highlight it, the whole bullet moving is super frustrating.

I was about to report it myself, also, but stumbled upon this thread. I often embed specific command-line instructions to the tester in the test cases, and we need to be able to copy/paste. The new functionality makes that impossible.

@BEustace @JavaJeff

Hello Bethani and Jeff,

Thanks for your reports and sorry for the inconvenience caused due to this issue.

This bug is still in development / testing phase. However, once it is fixed, I will provide an update here.

Regards,
Shanu

1 Like

+1 to this request.
It requires that anyone who wants to copy example text from test cases needs to be able to open and edit them. Very poor UI behavior.

+1 Anxious to hear an update soon since a lot of our test cases use bullet points and makes current interaction with them a pain.

@ekrauter @vramoscoreas

Hey Eric and Veronica,

I truly understand your concerns. This issue is still in development phase but I have increased the priority of the issue and forwarded the feedback to the concerned team.

Regards,
Shanu

1 Like

@GJHmf @jgarcia @askarupskiy @Chris2 @FranC @clairecoupland @BEustace @JavaJeff @ekrauter @vramoscoreas @apetrone @dschneider

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your patience. The fix for this issue is live now. Please check out the release notes (Bug Fixes #5) here.

Please let me know in case of any additional questions.

Regards,
Shanu

4 Likes

Hi,

thank you for fixing this bug.

Sadly TestRail Version Check from webfrontend and manually checking on the website still show 6.7.1 as the latest version.

br
Chris

@Chris2

Are you on TestRail Cloud or Server? As mentioned by Simon here, "TestRail Cloud instances are automatically updated to the latest version. You can check your version via the TestRail Help > About TestRail menu item.

Docker and on-premise versions of TestRail will be released shortly."

We’re yet to release the on-prem version.

Regards,
Shanu

@Chris2

Server version is now live as well.

Regards,
Shanu

1 Like

Thank a lot!

BR, Alex

Hi Shanu,

we are indeed on server on premise.

I´ll download now and schedule a maintenance windows.

Thanks!

br
Chris