Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Bugzilla Integration: Fault Code 50

I have integrated Bugzilla as our defect tracker with TestRail. When adding a Test Result, and attempting to push the defect to Bugzilla, I receive the following message:

There is no field (in TestRail) where an OS can be specified.

How can I resolve this issue?

Hello Sona,

Thanks for your posting. This means that you set the OS field to mandatory/required in Bugzilla. The problem is that this field is not submitted by TestRail by default in the Push Defect dialog and there are two ways to solve this:

1. Changing the field to not required in Bugzilla (recommended). This is the easiest option and can also be used to test the integration temporarily.

2. Customizing the Bugzilla defect plugin in TestRail and adding the field to the push dialog. This is more complicated and requires some changes to the source code of the defect plugin as explained here:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-integration/defects-plugins-custom

I hope this helps and we are also happy to help in case you have any further questions.

Regards,
Tobias

Thanks for the quick response! First I will try changing the Bugzilla setup which sounds like would be an easier solution.

Thanks again,
Sona Hegedus