Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

BUG - Console settings do not save unless console is closed

If the console crashes the view settings are lost

Hello,

The views (and other settings) are only saved when exiting the Console, that’s correct. However, if you are using projects (Edit | Save Project), you can save all project related settings (views, view categories, autoview rules etc.) any time and switch between different configurations/projects (with the combo box in the toolbar).

What kind of crash did you see? The Console usually generates a detailed error report in this case (with a stack trace etc.) which helped us in the past to fix other issues.

Regards,
Tobias

The console actually hung at the time so I was not able to retrieve the stack. Thank you for directing me to the project menu I will make sure to use it in the future.

[quote=tgurock]Hello,

The views (and other settings) are only saved when exiting the Console, that’s correct.
[/quote]

Hi,
I made a test on console 3.3.0.10181:
-I created new category
-exited the console
-reopened console

Created category is missing. Shouldn’t it be saved?

best regards
Piotr Rezmer

Hi Piotr,

Are you using projects? In this case, you need to save your changes (views, view categories, autoview rules etc.) before existing the Console (via Edit | Save Project). Otherwise, the changes are discarded.

Regards,
Tobias