Subscribe Join 180,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

Bolded test cases v6.6

Hi,

We are using TestRail cloud, and after v6.6 has been released, the text of all test cases have became bolded by default. I have been looking for a solution to switch it off but I have not found it anything so far. Since our cases are heavily formatted in markdown for better understanding, this all-bolded-text really makes our job tough.

Is there any solution to avoid/switch off this, or can we trust that with a future update this default setting will become optional?

Thanks and regards,
Norbert

1 Like

@ompert

Hey Norbert,

Thanks for your posting! There are no known issues in the current TestRail version we are aware of. We are happy to look into this in detail if you could provide a few examples via email (contact@gurock.com).

Regards,
Shanu

I’m also seeing this issue. I noticed there is a popup at the top of the page that is also bold. The popup showed up for me at the same time as the all-bolded-text. Though it might just be a coincidence, my initial thought is that the styling from the popup has somehow bled into the rest of the page. I’ve attached a screenshot of what I’m seeing and highlighted the main portions that seem to have been affected.

1 Like

I also see this within my test cases (steps and expected results). The words that are supposed to be bolded are still bolded to match the rest of the text (so there is no emphasis).

Luckily, the print preview is not all bolded so we are relying on that right now.

Occurs with Chrome, Safari, Firefox.

Here is a screenshot of a test case (with some private information removed).

We are experiencing the same issue and it appears to be related to the v6.6 release.

I just upgraded our Test instance at my work to 6.6 and I did a very quick test in Chrome:

This does look to be a cloud thing only at least from a quick and dirty test of the server version of 6.6.

Same issue experienced here, too - bolded text on Cloud version 6.6 and Chrome 86.0.4240.183 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your reports. We are looking into it.

Regards,
Shanu

1 Like

Hey Shanu!

Thanks for have a closer look on the issue. However I just had a closer look as well, and this may cause the problem.

In my browser I hit ‘Inspect element’ on the pop-up header, and after a few tries I found that the pop-up header has the following css setting: font: inherit;

If I just un-tick (switch off) this formatting, the whole page have set back to its original form, where all the markdown formatting of the cases are displayed well again, and also the pop-up header keeps its bolded style. As a workaround, I can use this method, but I am looking forward to the official fixing of the issue.

Thanks, regards
Norbert

I noticed this issue earlier today as well, and it seems that it has since been fixed. Phew!

1 Like

Thanks for your patience. This issue is resolved now.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Shanu

1 Like

Thank you Shanu for the quick action. All looks and works fine!

Have a great day,
Norbert

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. I will pass it on to our hard working Dev Team. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Shanu