Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Batch editing

Hi again,

I was just wondering, is there any way to batch edit test cases? If I want to change, lets say test case type, for all test cases, can I do that without going through each and everyone of the cases?

Thank you in advance
Michael

Hello,

we don’t currently have this, but it’s definitely planned and already on our feature request list. I agree that it’s useful if you need to update multiple entries at once. We do allow you to assign multiple tests to users and add results to multiple tests at once, but we don’t have a mass edit feature for cases at the moment.

Regards,
Dennis

Any news on this yet - this would be REALLY useful!
Perhaps the ability to select 1 textfield from the test case that can be displayed on the test suite listing page for every test case… if that makes sense!

Hello,

It’s not yet in the product, but it’s still planned to add this. Regarding your second point: you can already add additional case columns to the test suite overview with the Select Columns dialog:

(this dialog can be opened by clicking the column icon on the right in the table header)

I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions or feedback.

Regards,
Tobias

Thanks Tobias,
I’m not sure if I explained myself very well! :slight_smile:

I’ve created a mockup that might make more sense:

Adding information to many tests at once like this would be really useful - of course, the field included this way should be able to be selected in a similar way that ‘Case Columns’ currently are…

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for the update. I’m getting a 403 (Forbidden) error when trying to view the mockup unfortunately. I believe you meant changing one or more values directly in the tables, is this correct? If so, this is already on our todo list and we would like to have this in the product as well eventually. We don’t have a time frame for this at this point but it is planned to look into this for a future version.

Regards,
Tobias

Sorry, just updated the image using photobucket, hopefully you can see it now! :slight_smile:

Yes, I can view the image now, thank you. That’s actually how I understood the feature request and this is already on our list of things to look into. It’s not a trivial change/feature so this may take some time to add to the product but it’s definitely something we would like to see as well in the future.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend.

Regards,
Tobias