Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Automation_trigger

Hi team

Am using the cloud version of test rail and i want to trigger the tests from test rail. I have gone through http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-custom/automation-trigger. But i feel this link talks about server version of test rail. Am i right?

Is it possible to trigger the test cases from test rail with cloud version?

Hi @sindhu576,

Thanks for the post! You would be able to use the trigger example/approach with a TestRail Cloud account. You would simply place the server-side trigger script on the server where you would like to execute/run the tests on (usually on your private network). TestRail would not need to be able to connect to your server, as the connection/glue is made via the UI script in TestRail and via your web browser. You can also write the server-side script in any other programming language and our script is only an example.

That said, triggering tests from TestRail is optional as you can also trigger your automation outside of TestRail either manually, scheduled, or via a CI system and then use TestRail’s API to submit the test results to TestRail.

Hope this helps!
Jon

HI, thanks for the reply.
Can you please elaborate " You would simply place the server-side trigger script on the server where you would like to execute/run the tests on (usually on your private network" this.

And also , my test rail version is 5.**. I couldn’t see any server and client scripts for this version. So what can be done?