Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Automatically update Test Runs when a new Test Case is added

Is there any way to set my test runs to automatically update a selected section with new test cases when they are added? Whenever I add a new case I have to manually edit my test run to include it every time. It would be useful if I can just say “always include everything in this section and/or subsection”.

Hi Michael,

Yes, you can use the include-all option of test runs in this case. This includes all cases of the case repository but also automatically adds newly added cases. The include-all option is active by default and is disabled by switching to a manual case selection.

Cheers,
Tobias

I do not want to include all the test cases site-wide, so I have never had a user for the “include all” option as I have my test cases divided into sections. Is there no way to automatically update cases for a chosen section?

Hi Michael,

It’s currently include-all (for the entire case repository/suite) or a manual case selection. It’s planned to look into providing a few additional options (e.g. include-all for a few section as you mentioned), happy to add another vote to this feature request.

Cheers,
Tobias