Subscribe Join 180,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

Assigning Cases not working correctly

Hi,

There is an issue with the system when assigning tests in a test run. When a test case is assigned to someone it appears as assigned to them on the test case screen. However, on the test run overview screen the name of person who assigned the test case, and not the assignee is appearing. This in turn is then affecting the ToDo screen, with additional work allocated to the assigner.

1 Like

@kduggan

Hey Karen,

Thanks for notifying us. Could you please let me know the whole workflow (Steps) which you did which resulted in the above scenario ?

Thanks,
Shanu

Hi Shanu,

One of our clients created a test run. He then assigned the cases within this test run to a second team member.

When he looks at the test run screen for that test run it is appearing as assigned to himself. However, when you click into the actual test cases within that test run, it is assigned to the correct team member i.e. the test run overview and to-do list are not aligned to the actual assignee on the test case (see screenshot for difference)

Thanks,
Karen

@kduggan

Hey Karen,

Thanks for your detailed response. I tried doing it myself but couldn’t see any abnormality (different assignee on Test Run overview and test case screen) mentioned by you.
However, I would request you to send all the details to contact@gurock.com. Our team will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Shanu