Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

[API] Upload screenshot

Hi

Can you add vote from my side. I see this feature request was opened in Apr 2014 and still collecting votes. Do you have estimated time on when it will be implemented?

Thanks

Hi Mani,

Thanks for your feedback! We currently don’t have an estimate and recommend uploading screenshots to an external location and then embedding the link in the result description.

Cheers,
Tobias

Add a vote for this functionality. We’re running a cloud instance and we’re considering using selenium to script uploading the file through the UI or some similar hack, since it’ll be simpler than hosting files ourselves or adding anther service to flesh out the test case results capability.

Thanks for your feedback, Karl!

Cheers,
Tobias

Another vote for this feature. We’d love to add images to the run descriptions section.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your feedback. You can already embed images from external sources, simply via the standard rich-text syntax of TestRail for images:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-userguide/userguide-editor#images

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi! So can I use “standard rich-text syntax of TestRail for images” in Testrail? But I tried and I can upload screen after run tests. Correct? only in manually? Like this

Hi Alex,

Yes, you can find the syntax for embedding images here:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-userguide/userguide-editor#images

You can alternatively just drag & drop your images to the text fields and TestRail would automatically add the markdown/rich-text snippet for you.

Cheers,
Tobias

This feature would also increase out efficiency when reviewing test results. Please add two more votes for this feature :slight_smile:

Thanks for your feedback, Marsel :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Tobias

Tobias, I could understand how this feature would have some pretty serious resource implications for your servers, and would need careful handling so it wasn’t abused or misused (e.g. DOS attacks, saving a screenshot with every result no matter what, etc.)

Would it be possible to provide the facility, but only for organisations that host their own TestRail data?

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your feedback! It’s still planned to look into this as a general feature for both Cloud and Server.

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

please add a vote from my side as well.
Can we expect the feature to be available in the near future?

Thanks
Ingo

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for your feedback! We currently don’t have an estimate or time frame but it’s still planned to review this for one of the next versions.

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,
please add a vote for me as well.

Kind regards,
Giuseppe

Thanks for your feedback, Giuseppe!

Cheers,
Tobias

Please add 5 votes for me too

Thanks for your feedback, Joe!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I also looking way how to upload/send image to testrail. I know that it is possible to use external source and add image as reference, but maybe is another way? For example, maybe it is possible to use GET, POST methods or something else?

Thanks

Hi Vytaras,

Thanks for your posting. Uploading images or attachments with the API is currently not possible and we recommend storing images/attachments elsewhere (e.g. on a third-party data store such as Dropbox) and then just including a link in the test results.

Cheers,
Tobias