Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

API Update get_results_for_case to show results for case indepented of test run

Hi folks.
I saw similar topics with answer like “we don’t have ETA to create this feature”. But looks like there is no any methods to do simple work like:

1. Create 1st test run
  2. Post result
  3. Create 2nd test run
  4. CHECK results from 1st (or last test run or any) for regression and post result

I see two methods get_results_for_case and get_results and they do same thing for same test run. Looks like better way is imporve get_results_for_case to work with test case directly and don’t try to bind it to test run or create additional method to retrieve result history?

Thank you.

Hi Georgy,

Thank you for posting and for the feedback! In TestRail, test results are currently added to a test itself rather than to the parent test case. A separate test is created for each test run and these tests can be thought of as an “instance” of the parent test case. There is not a single API method that would allow you to retreive the test results for all of the tests created for a test case at this time. We do already have plans to add support for additional API methods in a future update and I have added your vote to our existing feature request. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a specific timeframe/ETA for this yet. In the meantime, you can find the most recent result for each test on the ‘Tests & Results’ tab in the right sidebar of the test case overview page.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
John