Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

API returns HTTP 500 error after the 5.7 update

Seems like an update to TestRail 5.7 is already rolled out, even though there is no blog post about it. Today I’m started to get HTTP 500 error (Argument 5 passed to audit::high() must be of the type string, null given) when trying to create new Test Run. It was working fine on Friday and I didn’t change my code. I use Python API binding.

So this is what I’m trying to do:

run = client.send_post('add_run/13', {'suite_id': 84, 'milestone_id': 90})

And this is the exception I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Users/NazimokPP/Desktop/Projects/***/TestRail/testrail_create_run.py", line 24, in <module>
    main(args.project_id, args.suite_id, args.milestone_id)
  File "C:/Users/NazimokPP/Desktop/Projects/***/TestRail/testrail_create_run.py", line 12, in main
    run = client.send_post('add_run/{}'.format(str(project_id)), {'suite_id': str(suite_id), 'milestone_id': str(milestone_id)})
  File "C:\Users\NazimokPP\Desktop\Projects\***\TestRail\testrail.py", line 52, in send_post
    return self.__send_request('POST', uri, data)
  File "C:\Users\NazimokPP\Desktop\Projects\AnchorFree\TestRail\testrail.py", line 86, in __send_request
    (e.code, error))
testrail.APIError: TestRail API returned HTTP 500 ("Argument 5 passed to audit::high() must be of the type string, null given, called in /var/www/testrail/5.7.0.3938/app/controllers/api/v2.php on line 2077")

Will there be any fix, or am I doing something wrong?

Hi @pavelnazimok - we are looking into the issue and hope to have a fix shortly. In the meantime, the release blogpost has now been published, here: https://blog.gurock.com/testrail-5-7-release/

@pavelnazimok we have published a fix for this problem. Can you retry your endpoint call and let us know if you are still experiencing issues?

Hi Simon, Thanks for quick response. I’ve done my retry. Now I’m getting this exception:

testrail.APIError: TestRail API returned HTTP 500 ("Argument 6 passed to Audit_library::audit() must be of the type string, null given, called in /var/www/testrail/5.7.0.3939/app/helpers/audit.php on line 30")

@pavelnazimok - yep, we already saw that and are working on it too. Fix incoming soon.

1 Like

@pavelnazimok we have published a fix. Please can you try it out and let us know how you get on?

Hi,

Test rail is still down. Please can you get this fixed asap!!!

Hi @deanronweb - our support team is looking into the issue you’ve reported. Please expect a direct response shortly (since we don’t think it relates to the topic being discussed in this thread).

@pavelnazimok we believe the reported issues have been resolved. Please let us know if you experience any further difficulties.

@sjpknight Now it works, thanks!