Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Any way to clear deleted test plans and milestones from the display?

I created several test milestones and test plans and then deleted them. They still show in the Activity display for the project and are crossed out. Is there any way to clear the items from the display after they are deleted?

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank for your posting. That’s actually a feature of the project history but older entries are automatically faded out eventually when you add newer entries to the history. (e.g. create new test runs etc.)

Regards,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I am having the same issue. Few test runs and milestones which I created for the POC, and another team lead had created few by mistake. I want them to disappear. Its a bit annoying to see them and doesn’t look very professional. These milestones and test runs had been created early January. Would have been nice if there was a hide feature. So that the Admin has control over hiding all the test runs/milestones that were created by mistake/no longer valid.

Thanks
Nira

Thanks for your feedback, Nira! These entries will disappear eventually from the overview page because TestRail would only show the most recent results at some point but we are happy to review this and let administrators clear the project list.

Cheers,
Tobias

Thanks Tobias, I would love if you would implement this feature. As I only want to see what should be active/Valid.

The new version (5.2) of TestRail looks great!

Cheers,
Nira.

Thanks again for your feedback, Nira, and great to hear that you enjoy the new version :slightly_smiling:

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I found this discussion while looking for an answer on how to disable project history feature from the Overview dashboard of projects. I was wondering if this feature was added to any newer version of TestRail?

Many Thanks
Lipika

Hi Lipika,

Thanks for your feedback. Items will automatically disappear from the history at some point as TestRail will only show the most recent events. I understand that it can also make sense to clear the history or remove items and I’m happy to add another vote to this feature request, thanks!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hello,
has this feature been implemented in the last year? I’d like to delete/manage the activities displayed in a project homepage without waiting for more activities to be completed in order to automatically delete those which are currently visible. Is this possible?

Thank you very much for your help!

Ilaria

Hi Ilaria,

Thanks for your post! We still have plans to look into this, however we don’t have any timeframe/ETA to provide for this yet. I’ve added your vote to the request, and we’re happy to review this for a future update!

Regards,
Marco