Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Allowed memory size of xxx exhausted

Last night I got reports that testrails was not working. Upon login, the users just got a white screen but we did get the testrail login page. After rebooting the windows server, the testrail login page does not come up and the following error shows in the php log.

C:\Windows\Temp>type php-errors.log
[12-Nov-2011 23:15:36] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 524288000 bytes
exhausted (tried to allocate 2 bytes) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\testrail\sys\helpers
\date.php on line 125

PHP was at the defaults for memory_limit and I stepped it up a hundred meg at a time to see if that would help. I am up to memory_limit=500m and still get an error.

Any suggestions on this ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP>php -version
PHP 5.3.6 (cli) (built: Mar 17 2011 10:48:37)
Copyright © 1997-2011 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright © 1998-2011 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.10, Copyright © 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd

Hello,

We have a hotfix for this problem available. The issue is related to the recent summer/winter time changes. You can download the hotfix here:

http://www.gurock.com/downloads/testrail/testrail-2.3.2-datestamp-hotfix.zip

You can simply replace the following file with this hotfix to resolve the issue:

sys/helpers/date.php

No database changes are needed. Another option would be to upgade to TestRail 2.4 (this bug doesn’t exist in the latest version), but I recommend applying the hotfix first and testing it.

Please only apply this hotfix if you are using TestRail 2.3.x.

Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Dennis

Thanks, that worked !