Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

After enabling Token, Hover-over References gives an error now

It appears now upon hover over of the Jira Issue ID in Testrail an error is given as can be seen in the attachment. The user used for the Integration with token has Admin permissions in both Jira and Testrail.

Is there something further that needs to be configured to eliminate this error?

I am also getting the same thing.

Plugin “Jira_Cloud_REST” returned an error: Invalid user or password or insufficient permissions for the integration user (HTTP code 401). Please check the Jira User value in the Integration and/or User Settings has been configured correctly.

Followed the instructions carefully.

Oh, Ignore my reply…worked out where I was going wrong: we are not using JIRA Cloud, we are using JIRA server. (Insert bangs his head emoji here!). :grinning:

I should have read the email more carefully!

Don’t suppose that could be your issue too MikefromPltney?

No, we’re on the Atlassian cloud. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting! When using the lookup feature in TestRail or using the ‘Push’ dialog, TestRail submits an API request to Jira in order to retrieve the item’s details and display this on screen. If you are receiving a 401 error when performing either of these actions, this would indicate the credentials saved in TestRail for your account are not correct, causing the API request to fail.

Please double-check the credentials entered in your account under ‘My Settings > Settings’ to ensure you have entered your Jira email address along with an API token for your account. We have also released a video walkthrough for updating these settings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0rGFNKAgFI

I hope this helps!

Regards,
John