Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Adding subsections of test cases to TestRail and Integrating the same to JIRA

Can we add bulk test cases to JIRA and I am also trying to add subsections to TestRail and adding this integration of subsections of test cases into JIRA from TestRail. Can you please help and explain how can I do it?

Hello Monika,

Thanks for your posting! You can add test cases directly from JIRA via the Add Test Case button when you view an issue. These cases are then automatically linked to the JIRA issue. Sections and subsections can be added in TestRail (either with the Add Subsection link under a section/group or via the Add Section button on the right in the sidebar).

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Thank you very much for the reply. Would the add subsection/group automatically integrate/populate in JIRA?
It would be great if you can guide me how to do it.

Thanks

Hello Monika,

The Add Subsection action can be found directly in TestRail below an existing section. Could you provide a few more details what you are looking for exactly in JIRA? You would usually manage the sections and section tree in TestRail. You can add cases from JIRA via the Add Test Cases and also select the section on the add-case form.

Cheers,
Tobias