Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Adding results to the same test in different Test Runs

I have multiple Test Runs that contain the same Test Cases.

E.g. a Firefox Test Run, a Chrome Test Run etc.

Is there a way for me to add results to one Test Case in a Test Run (e.g. change the status) but have it update the same Test Case in the other Test Runs?

Thanks,
Jarod

Hi Jarod,

Thanks for your posting. You would need to update the tests in each run separately. Most teams in this case would go through the tests run-wise (so, all tests with Firefox, then all tests again with Chrome) as this is usually faster than switching between browsers all the time.

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your reply. That has saved me from spending time trying to work out if there was a way to do it.

I understand what you are saying, it was just that sometimes I will find something that prohibits me from running the same test in multiple browsers.

E.g. I may want to set a test to Blocked because there is no internet access - so I know that a test to check if a browser can get to the internet would not be testable until there was a connection etc.

Thanks again for your prompt reply,

Jarod

Hi Jarod,

You could look into having both test runs open at the same time in two different browser tabs. You would still need to add the result twice (once in each tab) but it’s very fast to switch between both runs if you have both runs open at all times.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Thanks Tobias, will do that.

Regards,

Jarod

Thanks, Jarod, sounds good. Please let me know in case any questions come up, happy to help.

Cheers,
Tobias