Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

'Add Section' button is missing

Hi Team,

As an Admin user I used to see the “Add Section” button after I have created & clicked on the Test Suite and when am into it.

Now after creating a Test Suite successfully and when I go into it, I DON’T see the “Add Section” button. Checked my role as a “Lead” and my permission have the "Add Section & sub Section " enabled for “Create” as well as “Delete”.

User role: Lead
User Permission: Admin.
TestRail v5.4.1.3669

Check the screenshot below when on Admin Role

If I login as Tester and click on the same Test Suite that was created, I am able to see the "Add Section"button. Can’t post screenshot as I get a message that a new user can not post two images .

Appreciate if you could help me in this regard.

Thanks.
Kind Regards,
Veda Pai

0 Likes

Hi Team,

Ok, while I was further analyzing both the roles, I got to know that if a previous Test Suite in the Admin role has some “section” columns sorted out by ID or Title or a Filter,and only upon clearing them, the “Add Section” button will show.

Kindly validate if this an existing behavior and is happening.

Just figured out myself and is there a way that if users sort “sections” by Id or “filter” for a particular Test Suite, this setting should not affect any newly createdTest Suite for creation of “Add Section”.

Kind Regards,
Veda Pai

0 Likes

Hi Veda,

While rare, we do see stuck test case filters from time to time. The exact cause is not yet known but we are aware of this. Thanks for the additional details and example of the behavior when this occurs.

0 Likes