Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Add bug issue id to the test run and results page

Hi,

TestRail seems to be a really great tool for managing tests. There is one feature that I miss however. If a test case fails, I enter the bug id in that test case when running. Linking is working perfectly to Jira and all that.

But when the test period is over and I close the test run I get a list of all cases and their status. But it seems impossible to see the bug issue id without opening up every test case. I wish that that information was displayed in the table below the pie chart diagram on cases that were failed.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your feedback. I agree that it would be useful to have the bug issue ID in the grids. Our plan is to allow users to configure and select which columns are displayed in the grids, so that you can select to display the bug issue ID or any other field you find important. I don’t have a time estimate for this at the moment, but it’s definitely on our list of planned enhancements.

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi,

That sounds great! The only workaround for now I guess is to go to print report and choose detailed report.

I must say it’s the best looking test case management I’ve seen so far. Most tools I’ve looked at looks really messy and advanced. Me not like :slight_smile:

Michael,

Thanks, great to hear that you enjoyed working with TestRail so far! Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with.

Thanks,
Dennis