Subscribe Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

Access to TestRails Cloud database for specific reporting needs

Hello!
I am looking to access the Test Rails Cloud database to validate if our reporting needs on the test creation and test runs modules can be sufficed. I have already looked into the API documentation for accessing the existing in-built reports and unfortunately, the existing report templates and data in these templates don’t seem to fulfill our data needs. I had also sent an email to the support a couple of weeks ago and have n’t received a response yet.

Please let me know if it would be possible to provide read only access to the Test Rails database.

thanks
Archana

We submitted this as a feature request some time ago. Or, at least it is a similar request. You could vote for this.

Hi , thank you for your response. My request was specifically on the reporting aspects> I am interested in reporting the test execution and test cases creation by release and timeline and also by the resources if need be. Access to backend will facilitate exploring the DB and also come up with custom SQL queries that will serve our needs. Hope this helps!

thanks
Archana