Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Ability to search across all projects?

I understand the default behaviour of limiting search results to the project you are working in, however, sometimes we need to be able to search across ‘All Projects’ rather than within a single project for things like defect id’s and certain custom column values.

Is this planned? Can it be implemented soon? A simple search box on the “All Projects” page would suffice :slight_smile:

Hello Glenn,

Thanks for your posting. Improvements for the search are planned but it’s not yet clear whether the search will also support multiple projects then. So I don’t currently have an estimate if or when this will be available but we will definitely look into this when we redesign the search functionality.

Regards,
Tobias

I just wanted to raise a hand on wanting this feature! We would find it very useful to search across projects, as the way our team is laid out, we may have people on another team needing to run a test that is in a different project. Often search is the best way for them to find it.

Thanks!

Added your vote to the feature request, thank you!

Regards,
Tobias

hi guy´s,

one vote from me as well :)!

a vote from me as well!
I just had to make a script to basically count cases across all projects, and I expect I’ll need to add this type of feature eventually if you guys don’t…

Added to the list, thanks!

Regards,
Tobias

+1 on this feature request. Being able to search across projects would be very handy.

Added, thanks Jan!

Cheers,
Tobias

and another vote from my side

Added, thanks :slightly_smiling:

Cheers,
Tobias

Another +1 here! Thanks!

Added! Thanks :slightly_smiling:

Cheers,
Tobias

Another vote here. That would be a really helpful feature.

Added, thanks John!

Cheers,
Tobias

+1 on this feature request. It would be very useful for my organization.

Added, thanks @puritysb!

Cheers,
Tobias

+1 on this feature request

Thanks for your feedback, Joe!

Cheers,
Tobias

Please add our vote in… being able to search across projects using the advanced search functionality would be very useful.