Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Ability to Report Test Case Result to several run ids in one API Call

Hello - I am looking for the ability to report a test case result to several run ids in one API Call. We have the ability to report a result by RunID and Test Case# today but would be great if this could be expanded upon.

Reason: I have product for several platforms (Web, iOS, Android) and when I am running tests against our RESTful API I want the results to report into the runs we have created for each platform.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback! It would already be possible to add results to multiple tests in the same run via our bulk add result methods, but it’s not directly possible to add results to multiple runs with a single API call. You would need to use separate API calls for each run. If you are adding results for many tests though, you could still bundle the results for the same run to reduce the number of API calls.

Your response does not apply to my situation.

I am looking for something like this to post the result for 1 test case in multiple runs:

"results": [
	{
		"case_id": 1,
                "runid: 856
		"status_id": 1,
		"comment": "This test passed",

},
	{
		"case_id": 1,
                "runid":859,			
                  "status_id": 1,
		"comment": "This test passed",
		"
	},

Hello,

Thanks for the additional details! There’s currently no API method for this use case and I would recommend the add_result_for_case API method instead in this case.

Cheers,
Tobias