Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Ability to delete a configuration from an existing test run?

Hello All,

I am trying to delete a configuration from an existing run in a test plan via the API (see example below):

StubTestSuite4
StubTestSuite4 (Amazon AWS)
StubTestSuite4 (Rackspace)
StubTestSuite4 (Google)
StubTestSuite4 (Azure)
StubTestSuite4 (aws_win2k12)

Our automation framework calls the API function = POST index.php?/api/v2/delete_plan_entry/:plan_id/:entry_id

However, I found out that the entry_id in the above structure is the SAME for each configuration!! ??

Why is this ?

It would be very useful to reference a DIFFERENT entry_id for each of the lines so we can have the ability to delete one of the TestSuite/configuration combinations (example below)

delete_plan_entry/254/45b1d02e-9a83-44a3-844e-3338ac35629c
and the outcome will be:

StubTestSuite4
StubTestSuite4 (Amazon AWS)
StubTestSuite4 (Rackspace)
StubTestSuite4 (Google)
StubTestSuite4 (Azure)

Note: The last index = StubTestSuite4 (aws_win2k12) should be deleted!

At the moment, if we try calling this API method with the entry_id for one of the suite/configurations contained in the group, the actual result is the entire group is deleted! :frowning:

Can you please advice ?

Thanks,
–Jorge

Hello Jorge,

Thanks for your posting. The plan entry is the entire group of test runs (StubTestSuite4 which has 5 test runs in your example) and this is different from the individual test runs/configurations (which are referenced via their standard test run IDs). Adding/deleting individual runs in a plan entry is currently not supported via the API (only via the UI) and we recommend using separate test plan entries if you need to add/remove configurations dynamically (also mentioned in the other thread). Would this work for you?

Regards,
Tobias

Hello Tobias,

When a test plan contains over 30 test suites with 13 configurations (listed in groups) it is desirable to keep all the related suites inside a group and that’s why we prefer to add or delete within a group such as described in my initial posting above.
The current workaround of having separate runs listed in the test plan is difficult to visualize how our test suites are doing on various configurations. Just wished the API call you guys use when manually enabling/disabling configuration for each test suite was made public! :wink:

Thank You,
–Jorge

Hello Jorge,

Thanks for the additional details. We will definitely look into adding support for this for the API, thanks again for your feedback on this :slight_smile:

Regards,
Tobias

Jumping in on this old thread :slight_smile:

I’m looking to do the same thing mentioned by the original poster 3 years ago. Is it possible that this gets prioritized? Having to manually maintain through the ui is not easily done as it would be through a script that calls the api.