Edited the Description field in my Test Plan. After saving, I find all the tests that I had previously assigned to someone have been reassigned to me!
Basic Repo Steps:
- Click on “Test Runs & Results” tab.
- Click on test plan “XX”
- Observe that “Sort” is set to “Assigned to” and that tests are equally distributed across 4 people.
- Click Edit button (upper, right part of window).
- Observe that “Assign To” is set to my name: this is okay as text underneath states, so should only apply to newly added test cases:
The user to whom the tests of the new test run should initially be assigned. An email is sent to the user if email notifications are enabled.
- Make an update to Description field.
- Observe the option selected is “Select specific test cases”.
- Click the “Save Test Run” button.
- Observe that are back to same screen a in Step #3, but now all tests are assigned to me (ugh)!
MY EXPECTATION: “Assigned To” of STEP #9 should look just like that of STEP #3 (as I did not add any new steps to the Test Plan).
Now I have to review each test and reassign to the original assignee, plus now send out e-mail explaining why the tester is getting multiple e-mails for the same test.